Wednesday, May 6, 2009

YouTube

There is no end to what one finds on YouTube. Browsing YouTube is like being condemned to watch peoples' home movies for an eternity--and you keep watching. I tried to find something useful and interesting. Lately I have been reading about the history of how books are made. I had hoped to find a short video on how the pages are folded and cut after being printed. I did not find anything that specific, but I did find a video of a film made in 1947 that shows the full manufacturing process at that time. It is called "Making Books is Fun (to watch)."

This is a good example of where pictures communicate much more than words. When reading about the process of printing, it is hard to picture what is actually being described. This video makes it much clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment